Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers players have a whole lot of content heading their way, including a fan-favorite crossover, in patch 5.3 of the game.
Available now, 5.3 begins the Final Act of the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers’ main scenario questline while also streamlining the realm Reborn questing experience. Adventurers can also enjoy the next chapter of patch 5.1’s The Copied Factory, with the next bit of NieR inspired content taking the form of the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse Alliance Raid, The Puppets Bunker.
More 5.3 Features:
- New Dungeon: The Heroes’ Gauntlet – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Parties of eight players can challenge this new challenging trial battle in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- Save the Queen Questline Updates – Players can enhance weapons obtained in the first chapter of this ongoing quest series as they explore an all-new area. Additionally, new large-scale battle content will be added as part of the update.
- New “Chronicles of a New Era” Quest: The Sorrow of Welt – Part of the ‘Weapon Series’ questline, players can enjoy a story-focused experience culminating in a special event battle.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – The third phase of restoration begins following the efforts of the Skybuilders. Skybuilder Rankings return, with new items for players to craft and new achievements for top contributors to the restoration.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – A new crafter-focused questline featuring the dwarves.
- New Game+ Updates – The updated A Realm Reborn main scenario and other quests will be available for players to revisit while keeping your current character and level.
- New Battle Content: Unreal Trials – Players will be able to challenge powered-up primals from earlier expansions that are ready to fight against level 80 heroes. Unreal Trials will feature one primal fight which will change with each patch, beginning with Shiva in Patch 5.3. Defeating the primal each week gives players the chance to complete a new mini-game, with those who emerge triumphant receiving tokens to exchange for prizes.
- Crafter and Gatherer Updates – New custom deliveries, updates to Rowena’s House of Splendors, and an update to the Skysteel Tools questline headline several crafter and gatherer updates.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP, System Updates, and more.
All available now, the adventure is set to continue in Shadowbringers!
It has also been announced that a bonus episode of the fan-favorite “The Creation of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers” series is set to premiere on the Final Fantasy XIV Online YouTube channel on April 30th.