(Featured Image Source: Crunchyroll)
Crunchyroll and Adult Swim have revealed the cast of their high-anticipated original series BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS ahead of its upcoming Comic-con@Home 2021 Panel!
The characters and their English / Japanese Voice cast:
- Elle, “a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose, will be played by Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida”
- Joseph, “a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles, will be played by Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji”
- Alani Davis, “a fresh LAPD recruit, will be played by Samira Wiley / Takako Honda”
- Niander Wallace Sr, “founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi”
- Niander Wallace Jr, “brilliant scientist working for his father, will be played by Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu”
- Marlowe, “a deadly Blade Runner, will be played by Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki”
- Josephine Grant, “the wife of the police chief, will be played by Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara”
- Earl Grant, “Police Chief of the LAPD, will be played by Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka”
- Doc Badger, “a black market dealer, will be played by Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba ”
- Senator Bannister, “a politician with strong feelings on replicant production, will be played by Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama”
- Doctor M, “a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine, will be played by Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima”
- Hooper, “a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao”
BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS is 13-episode anime series set in the world of Blade Runner. It is directed by Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiya, with Shinichiro Watanabe serving as a creative director. The series is produced by Alcon Entertainment and Sola Digital Arts.
Blade Runner was released in 1982 was based on “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?” by Philip K. Dick. It was directed by Ridley Scott and starred Harrison Ford, Sean Young, Rutger Hauer, and Edward James Olmos. Taking place (in the then) future of 2019, it follows a man hunting synthetic humans called replicants, while questioning if his humanity is genuine. The film has gone on to become a cult classic and an icon of the cyberpunk genre. It would later get a sequel, Blade Runner 2049, in 2017.
Fans who want to learn more can tune into this summer’s Comic-con@Home at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET on Friday, July 23rd, where they can hear from directors Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiya, executive producer Joseph Chou, voice director Wes Gleason, Jessica Henwick who voices Elle in the series, and Toonami co-creator and senior vice-president and creative director for Adult Swim Jason DeMarco.
So make sure to tune into Comic-Con@Home 2021 to learn more!
0 comments on “The Cast of ‘BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS’ Has Been Announced Ahead Of Its SDCC@Home Panel”