(Featured image – Crunchyroll Expo)
Lovers of all things anime! Crunchyroll Expo 2020 wants to see what you got! They are excitedly welcoming submissions for fan-produced content, meaning it’s your time to spread your love of anime with your community!
CRX is Crunchyroll’s yearly convention devoted to celebrating Japanese animation, and they are inviting fans and community members to help. The CRX team is making an open call for fan-submissions from those wanting to be a part of the show. They are asking for submissions in programming, entertainment, cosplay-meet ups, and more.
While there are likely to be numerous submissions, CRX have released some helpful tips and guidelines, to maximize the chances you are picked:
“1. Think about what you can give your fellow anime fans. New information, new points of view, interactive experiences, some new dance moves, a few good laughs…anything that’s presented in a spirit of sharing will be much more appropriate than simple self or group promotion.
2. There are tried and true favorite topics and events, but give your idea a new twist to set it apart. Ask yourself how has this event has been presented before, and then decide how you can change it up to give fellow fans a fresh point of view, or a fresh experience.
3. Be organized. Be clear. Do tell us what you will do, how you will do it, how long it will take, who you will do it with, and what you’ll need for your event specifically and concisely.
4. Remember we welcome submissions from the spectrum of anime fandoms, and the spectrum of anime fans!
5. Think creatively! If you have an idea that you’ve never seen done before at an anime con, maybe it’s time we do it!
6. Be on time. The last day to submit your fan programming submissions is May 7, 2020. No submissions will be accepted after this time.”Via Crunchyroll
Conventions are a great way to allow communities to meet and enjoy what they love, and CRX is showing just how much they get that.
So what are you waiting for? Submissions are open now and will close May 7, 2020. Apply soon, space is likely to fill up quickly.
Crunchyroll Expo is to take place September 4 – 6 at the San Jose convention center. You can grab your ticket now!